The journal welcomes the scientific papers that meet the general criteria of significance and scientific excellence. The papers should be topical, original, objective and valid. Submission of a manuscript implies that the work has not been published before. The authors are not required to pay for the publication. Royalties are not paid.
The journal publishes and uses materials on the basis of license agreements concluded with the authors.
The journal was established to disseminate current scientific knowledge. The editorial board does not accept the journalistic, popular and educational texts, advertising and other non-core materials for publication.
The editorial board has the right to edit the title and the text of the scientific paper, reference list.
Scientific specialties, according to which the journal is included in the List of peer reviewed scientific publications in which the basic scientific results of dissertations for the scientific degree of Candidate of Sciences and Doctor of Sciences should be published
- 12.00.01 – Theory and history of law and state; history of law and state doctrines;
- 12.00.02 – Constitutional law; constitutional litigation; municipal law;
- 12.00.08 – Criminal law and criminology; penitentiary law;
- 12.00.09 – Criminal procedure;
- 12.00.11 – Judicial activities, prosecutorial activities, human rights and law enforcement activities;
- 12.00.12 – Criminalistics; forensic activities; crime detection activities;
- 12.00.14 – Administrative law; administrative procedure.
The journal welcomes the submission of the manuscripts which:
- correspond to the scientific specialties, focus and scope and the sections of the journal;
- contain a clear description of the problem and the reasoned author’s version of its solution;
- are original (prepared by the author himself (herself) and previously unpublished);
- possess the research novelty (based on the results of the author’s own research and present new scientific knowledge);
- have a scientific writing style (common language literacy, consistency, sequence, clearness, professional terminology, reference list, etc).
Focus and Scope
The journal “Legal Science and Law Enforcement Practice” is designed to contribute in every possible way to the formation of the active, open, democratic, humane and efficient law enforcement system of the Russian state: identifying and solving the problems of legislative regulation of law enforcement activities; counteraction to violations of the rights and freedoms of man and citizen; development of law enforcement institutions; improving the activities of law enforcement agencies.
The editorial board of the journal guides the authors to publish effective scientific solutions aimed at:
- developing a long-term conceptual framework for law enforcement policy;
- improving the legislative regulation of law enforcement activities and law enforcement service;
- creating effective technologies for the prevention, detection, disclosure and investigation of crimes and other offenses;
- identifying and exposing the defective law enforcement practice;
- protecting human and civil rights;
- reducing the level of criminalization of society, corruption, arbitrariness and unlawful inaction of officials;
- restoring public confidence in the law enforcement system;
- systemic, interrelated, coordinated development of law enforcement agencies (clarification of their competence, eliminating the non-core powers and duplication of functions).
- methodology of law enforcement activities;
- human rights protection;
- administrative delictology;
- criminal law;
- penitentiary system;
- law enforcement policy;
- criminal procedure review;
- improving law enforcement practice;
- criminalistic provision of law enforcement activities;
- comparative studies and foreign experience;
- the problems of legal science and law enforcement practice: young researchers’ view;
- reviews, critiques.